In an era of increased life expectancy and unprecedented possibilities for longevity, planning for the future has taken on new dimensions. The traditional concept of
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR FUTURE SELF
We all want to lead a fulfilling future. That’s why planning is important.
Age Brilliantly is a community platform to help you
make better decisions and plan for your next stages of life.
1. Aging is a natural development process that starts at birth; throughout your life journey focus on growth.
2. Be true to yourself and live your values; don’t be limited by the birthdate and ageist norms that began generations ago.
3. Define what fulfillment means for you now and for your future-self; monitor and update your views regularly and use changing definitions as a learning experience.
4. Invest in your 6 Life Essentials; make wise choices based on your values and make inevitable tradeoffs both now and between the present and your future desires.
5. Live intentionally by connecting with your future-self and being proactive; when possible, engage in activities that compound to generate exponential results for the future.
6. Change is a constant throughout your life and world history; be vigilant for the need to respond; then thoughtfully transitioning to new opportunities and savor your next phase of life.
7. Be a life-long learner who makes informed decisions; share your insight and serve as a role model to inspire and support others who also want to maximize their 100+ year lives.
In an era marked by rapid technological advancements and longer lifespans, the concept of a linear, lifelong career is becoming a relic of the past.
Nowadays, more people face ageing alone due to being single, divorced, or separated. Others, like empty nesters or those with distant family ties, also deal
The passage from child to carer can often be unsettling as it occurs as the sands of time continue to flow. The older generation must
In modern work, the traditional “work-life balance” concept has given way to a more holistic and adaptable approach known as “work-life integration.” The shift from
In today’s rapidly evolving job landscape, finding the right job involves more than matching skills to job descriptions. It’s about aligning with your lifestyle, career
Retirees are in for a guaranteed treat as a recent development in retirement savings brings them a remarkable opportunity. A new law enables retirees to
In the not-so-distant past, the concept of work was often perceived as a means to an end – a way to put food on the