Negotiating with aging parents who resist support can be challenging and delicate. As adult children strive to ensure the well-being and safety of their parents,
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR FUTURE SELF
We all want to lead a fulfilling future. That’s why planning is important.
Age Brilliantly is a community platform to help you
make better decisions and plan for your next stages of life.
1. Aging is a natural development process that starts at birth; throughout your life journey focus on growth.
2. Be true to yourself and live your values; don’t be limited by the birthdate and ageist norms that began generations ago.
3. Define what fulfillment means for you now and for your future-self; monitor and update your views regularly and use changing definitions as a learning experience.
4. Invest in your 6 Life Essentials; make wise choices based on your values and make inevitable tradeoffs both now and between the present and your future desires.
5. Live intentionally by connecting with your future-self and being proactive; when possible, engage in activities that compound to generate exponential results for the future.
6. Change is a constant throughout your life and world history; be vigilant for the need to respond; then thoughtfully transitioning to new opportunities and savor your next phase of life.
7. Be a life-long learner who makes informed decisions; share your insight and serve as a role model to inspire and support others who also want to maximize their 100+ year lives.
Ageism is not a new issue in the job market. Over the years, companies have made it no secret that they consider hiring elder citizens
In a world that often equates success with wealth and career achievements, it is essential to recognize that money alone does not guarantee happiness or
Many couples wish to spend more time with their partners believing it can strengthen their relationship. The idea has backfired for many who are living
At the age of 100, Henry Kissinger is as prolific as one can get. From his immigrant roots, serving in the army, as former secretary
When we face obstacles in our daily walk, we rely on professionals to help us. Whether it be healthcare, academics, or managing finances, professionals maximize
In recent times, a significant shift has occurred, empowering small companies to create more retirement plans for their employees. We have known retirement plans to