Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Building a relationship by gifting a pet

Would it be a good idea to give a gift to a family member who isn't a fan of you? I have a step-son and he is hit or miss with me. He will sometimes want to talk, and other times he ignores me. Have you ever given a gift to a family member who wasn't too fond of you? Did it help your relationship or hurt it? Would you suggest gifting someone in order to make friends?

I don't think I would do that myself. I mean, the idea of gifting a pet is cool, but you have to be certain the person you're gifting it to, can take care of the pet and even wants a pet. So as long as they want it sure. But I would never gift a pet to someone out of the blue. They would have to mention it first.

It's a cool gift, but you have to be certain they want the pet.

Quote from Jessica on December 3, 2021, 11:58 pm

I don't think I would do that myself. I mean, the idea of gifting a pet is cool, but you have to be certain the person you're gifting it to, can take care of the pet and even wants a pet. So as long as they want it sure. But I would never gift a pet to someone out of the blue. They would have to mention it first.

It's a cool gift, but you have to be certain they want the pet.

I'm in agreement here. I don't think it's a good idea to gift a random pet to someone. I think if you're close and you know them well enough, sure, but just anyone giving a pet, is kinda weird to me. I think parents and close family should only gift pets anyway.