The secret to a long, fulfilling life is a topic of great mystery to many. Not some elixir or advanced technology, the truth is we
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR FUTURE SELF
We all want to lead a fulfilling future. That’s why planning is important.
Age Brilliantly is a community platform to help you
make better decisions and plan for your next stages of life.
The 6 Essentials of a Fulfilling Life
In a simpler world, work-life balance was the goal. In the elongated life, we need to consider six essential areas of life, individually and collectively. Life fulfillment results from the tradeoffs you make between them; integrate them into a lifelong, holistic balance.
Age Brilliantly's Principles to Maximize Your 100+ Year Life
1. Aging is a natural development process that starts at birth; throughout your life journey focus on growth.
2. Be true to yourself and live your values; don’t be limited by the birthdate and ageist norms that began generations ago.
3. Define what fulfillment means for you now and for your future-self; monitor and update your views regularly and use changing definitions as a learning experience.
4. Invest in your 6 Life Essentials; make wise choices based on your values and make inevitable tradeoffs both now and between the present and your future desires.
5. Live intentionally by connecting with your future-self and being proactive; when possible, engage in activities that compound to generate exponential results for the future.
6. Change is a constant throughout your life and world history; be vigilant for the need to respond; then thoughtfully transitioning to new opportunities and savor your next phase of life.
7. Be a life-long learner who makes informed decisions; share your insight and serve as a role model to inspire and support others who also want to maximize their 100+ year lives.
Financial literacy does not need to happen after a certain age. In fact, the earlier you start learning about financial management, the better your future
Age segregation is not as old a practice as many of us may think. On the contrary, before the second half of the 20th century,
Diversity and inclusivity are some of the most talked about terms for the past couple of years. As we dive more into creating more diverse
Unapologetic, daring, and iconic- these are the three words that you can use to describe Iris Apfel. She is continuing to be one of the
At Harvard Business School, a student told Warren Buffett that he was looking for a position in a management consulting firm because it would be